December 4, 2014

#BLOGMAS: My daily makeup routine


Hi guys! Hope you've all had a fantastic day so far. I spent the day eating a bunch of leftovers at home with Jenny before wrapping myself in a bunch of blankets (with air conditioning on of course) to watch A Million Ways to Die in the West as well as the latest episode of American Horror Story. Today I thought I'd finally show you guys how I put a decent face on every morning before I leave the house. 


Starting off with a nice clean base! The texture of my skin has definitely improved within the recent months however I've still got acne scars on both sides of my cheeks as well as some blemishes. 

Body Shop - seaweed mattifying day cream 
Hourglass - veil mineral primer 
MAC - prep + prime fix + 

I used to apply the MAC fix +  to finish off all my makeup but I've found that it makes a huge difference if I apply it before popping on my foundation. 


Stila - stay all day foundation and concealer 
Ecotools - custom coverage buffing brush 

I bought this buffing brush off iHerb and it has definitely been one of the best purchases I've ever made for my brush collection. It's super soft and blends all the foundation and concealer away seamlessly. 


 *buffs* 

 Maybelline - instant age rewind eraser concealer in light

 I dab the concealer in a triangle under my eyes before using the same buffing brush above to blend everything in. 

Real Techniques - setting brush 
Nude - kabuki brush 
MAC - studio fix powder plus foundation 

I love a full and matte coverage so I go over my face with a pressed foundation. The kabuki brush is enormous and soft so it adds coverage without packing on product to ensure that I don't end up looking super cakey. I use the smaller setting brush for hard to reach areas like under my eyes and around the sides of my nose.  



Nars - orgasm/laguna duo 
Nude - blush brush 
Real Techniques - buffing brush 



 If I'm just doing my everyday makeup then I usually just bronze the side of my face however if I'm going out or want more definition I'll also go along the sides of my temples, forehead and nose. 

Nude - angled eyeliner/lip brush 
3CE - eyebrow mascara 
????? - three shade eye shadow palette 

I've gotten a fair amount of questions asking what I use on my brows and for those of you who wanted to know, this is literally it. Evelyn grabbed me a $3 eye shadow palette back when she was in Taiwan a year or two ago and I've been using it ever since. 

 Before and after! I really need to go see my brow lady... 

Makeup Academy - pro-base eye primer 
Various eye shadow brushes from Nude and Bloom 
Lorac - pro palette 
Josie Maran - coconut watercolour eye shadow in beach sand 




Applying the eye shadow primer before blending it out with my finger. 

Applying the Josie Maran coconut watercolour eye shadow before blending it out with a brush.  

After I'm done blending out the base using the watercolour eye shadow I go through the crease with sable, use a fluffy brush to blend everything out with mauve, pop LT pink on my brow bone and use the angled eyeliner brush from earlier to apply garnet in the center of my lower lash line.  

Stila - smudge stick waterproof eyeliner in Damsel 
The Face Shop - face it extreme brush pen eyeliner 



 Simple cat winged eyeliner with the upper lash line tight lined. 

 Lancome - hypnose star mascara 

My favourite thing about this mascara next to the formula is definitely the tapered brush. It makes it super easy to apply on the inner corners and outer corners of my eyes. 

 Eyes: complete! 

Too Faced - lip insurance lip primer 
Models Prefer - matte moisturising lip balm 



Try to ignore the extremely unattractive duck face but tada! That's what goes on my face most days of the week. I know it looks like a fair amount to put on however would you believe it only takes me about 10 minutes to get ready HAHA. Hope you guys enjoyed this one and have a great night! S. 

No comments :

Slider