April 24, 2012

Foxes


Show some love to Juicy! ♥

Hello you gorgeous people. Okay so, today I kind of wanted to post this for two reasons. The first is so I can update you guys on how I've been going and the second is so I can read this to reflect a little later in the year.

My grades as a whole - They've dropped quite dramatically from my results that I finished with at the end of 2011. I'm not sure whether it's because of the content or just the fact that I haven't been able to grasp this year's concepts as quickly but all I know is that I haven't been this disappointed in myself for a fair while.

Art – So if you guys already aren’t already aware, each year of senior schooling for art is completely different. In year 11, they circulate around a fairly specific concept whilst guiding you through a huge range of media that you have at your disposal to use in the next year if you continue to study art. In year 12, they pretty much leave everything up to you. The concept for my first body of work is external influences and it's so frustrating that I’ve never struggled with anything so badly in my life. For the last 10 weeks I’ve had to work on this prac, my method has literally been research develop research develop research research research research develop research research develop. I can’t even resolve ONE piece for my assessment, ugh. I’ve just started working on something new (again) that my teacher actually approves of *celebrates* so hopefully I’ll be back on track by the end of next week.

Work – So far so good. I’ve been able to balance my casual job with school work pretty well so I don’t plan on quitting any time soon. I’m so lucky my manager is willing to let me take a couple of weeks off at a time if I really need it to focus on school.

End of year trip – I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE END OF THE YEAR AHIOWJDOIASJKA. Alice is checking up with one last travel agency to see if we can get cheaper flights and after that’s all done and dusted we’ll be booking our tickets as soon as possible ♥ It’s been so long since I’ve been out of Brisbane that just the thought of flying to Seoul and Taiwan is so exciting!!

OKAY, done.

I don't have much else to say so I'll just leave you with some photos. Hope all of you are having a great week ♥



Paulie's odd new habit of licking and rubbing her beak against my knee.



xo

2 comments :

stephanie thy. said...

School can be pretty stressful. My grades are falling because I don't know what I'm learning at school and I'm in my 2nd year at uni now. I completely understand you, it can be pretty frustrating but you have to keep trying and do your best.

Melody said...

Nyaww Paulie is so adorable!
Andd power through Year 12! It'll be over before you know it :D

Slider